Here are some more interesting factoids about casinos and gambling. Some of them will thoroughly blow you away, and that is the point. The casino industry is an industry that has a lot of fun and excitement flying about. You can do whatever you want in a casino. You can actually do a lot of things in a casino, things that you are not allowed to do in other places. You can eat some of the best food and drink some of the best alcoholic drinks because they offer you the best. Casinos treat you well because they want you inside, where they can make more money off of you. The most prominent form of income for a casino is the income they get from their customers.
- Did you know that the total amount of the roulette wheel numbers is 666? There are a lot of gambling superstitions, and there is no wonder that some favourite casino games are actually associated with some mystical features. The number of the beast can be found in every single casino wheel. The roulette was also named a Devil’s wheel.
- The tiniest casino that I can tell you about was in the back of a London taxi. It actually had a table, a dealer, bar and even a TV which broadcasts some sports channels. I find this incredibly cute.
- Did you know that casinos are actually illegal in Japan? The Japanese have actually developed a loophole which allows players to play with slot machines. Casinos are actually illegal in the country.
- The first Las Vegas casino license was given to a woman.
- Here is a creepy one. Underground craps players actually swallowed the dice. Umm, what? Have you ever wondered where the term “no dice” comes from? Well, it originates from the early 20th century in the United States of America, when gambling was very illegal in most of the states. Just because you couldn’t legally host casino-style games, it doesn’t mean people weren’t playing them at all. Craps was one of the most popular games back then. Underground games were very common. As gamblers attempted to hide the activity from the authorities, because police were continuously trying to root out the gambling rings. If you wanted to avoid a police raid, craps players would swallow the dice. It was bold and dangerous, indeed.
- Did you know that Napoleon Bonaparte loved the blackjack?
- You’re dead mistaken if you think that the gambling capital of the world is Las Vegas. Las Vegas might actually be the most popular one out there, it also happens to be the most profitable gambling city, but it’s not the gambling capital of the world. That title goes to the Chinese, Macau!